Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am back!

I have finally ventured back on this! We have just been so busy that I could never find time to get on here. I think we went to a wedding every month this year, attended a ton of birthdays, two toddlers, a working husband and a crazy house. With the cold weather and steady schedule coming up I think I have finally found some minutes that I can spare to get on here more often.  I have missed it and am ready to start blogging again!

Quick update on life...the twins are almost 21 months old. I am starting to see their terrible two's approaching. Sara likes to throw fits and throw herself on the ground. I have yet captured this on video but I plan on getting a shot of it so she can see it when she is older. Its crazy to see how upset she gets when one little thing doesnt go her way. I enjoy every moment with them even if it involves a cry spell here and there. Drew is calmer than Sara. He doenst get as upset. I think his feelings get more hurt when we dont give him something he wants at that moment. He will whine for a moment and he gets it over pretty quick. They are a ball of fun though! I love watching them grow so much. This time last year we were getting closer to them taking there first steps and today they run the hall way and talk their little heads off. Its amazing to see such progress. We are doing the potty training thing here...not fun but a work in progress. Drew has pottied in the potty more than a handful of times...I think he will be easier than Sara. Sara has a bit of stubbornness in her so she might be my challenge. The good thing about twins though...when one sees one doing something it isnt but a day or two the other will do the same...so fingers crossed!

Our latest event we enjoyed so much was Halloween. Drew was a pirate and Sara was a ladybug. They were just too cute and loved strutting their stuff in their costumes. My parents and I took them to our town's Halloween Trick or Treat in the square that afternoon of Halloween. They were terrified! They didnt not want to get out of our hands. It was still fun to see the town come together and it was good for the kids to get out there and learn more about their surroundings. When daddy came home we got ready and went to my best friends house who lives just a street over. Our two families rallied together and walked the neighborhood as the kids fill their buckets with candy. The twins were chauffeured in their wagon most of the time...they didnt see any candy that night. It was tons of fun though and can not wait until next year when they have a better understanding of what is going on. 



I am ready to start this up again!! Its funner than facebook :) Plus my husband and I are going to start a website of different handy man things he does and crafty mommy things I accomplish around the house. It is just for fun. He enjoys working and fixing things and I have come to open up my creative side. I threw a surprise wedding shower for some friends not too long ago and enjoyed the decorating side of it so much I thought it would be fun to expand it and hopefully do something with my ideas one day. My best friend Alexa is Martha Stewart when it comes to events who will be my sidekick through this new journey I hope to take. We call our self FLC (Fay and Lex Creations). We are always thinking of something fun to do next and my hubby is always upgrading or carrying a tool...so stay tuned! As soon as my husband gets the website built yall will be the first to know the address!

1 comment: