Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Twins First Birthday


 Cupcakes, cupcakes and more cupcakes!!
How to describe that feeling...your kids first birthday. It's a mix of emotions. Excited because they have grown so fast, sad because they are still growing, and proud because you help them grow and mold them into who they are today. I loved planning every minute of their party. All the shopping, the invites, the food, making sure they had the perfect outfit up until that very morning...which that morning has to go as perfect as perfect can get because if it doesn't then they are cranky...which makes for a cranky party. It's a mountain of things to do. But a mountain I had fun climbing.

We did a cupcake theme for the twins. It was hard to decide what to do because there are so many fun decorations. I couldnt decide either if I wanted to do two different themes...one for Drew and one for Sara. But after long thought and viewing the website over and over I went with the cupcakes. And I am glad I did. I think it turned out perfect for the two and we had a lot of fun with it. 



 We invited a lot of people. I couldn't bear not to invite all who are involved in their lives. We have a big family and lots of friends that are really dear to us. So we let them pack the house. They brought their beers. They brought their smiles and love... we had a good time opening gifts and eating cake. It was fun to spend that special moment with everyone. 













We are thankful for each and everyone of our friends and family. We wouldn't have had the party we did without them.




And because of them the twins were truly blessed with gifts. There were so many we were overwhelmed with thankfulness and appreciation. We recently converted the dining room into their playroom. We are fortunate to have that space because of everyone's gracious giving it was filled with toys, toys and more toys! It makes for a happy babies which makes sane parents!

The twins had some handy helpers at their party. We had Gabbie, Breely, and Makya. I think Addie got in their a few times to help the little ones out as well. I think the twins knew what they were doing but without their friends they wouldnt have been able to get to the whole package!


After all the gifts were opened we did cake!!! Yummy! Drew and Sara sat patiently in their highchairs...waiting for the big cupcake. As everyone is singing and I am walking over with the cupcakes...Drew is eyeballing the candle that is lit. As soon as I put the cake in front of him the first thing he did was touch the candle, he burnt his little hand and it was all over for him. He wasn't hurt it just scared him, but his Oma was sure to distract him with his balloon and he was all good. Sara however loved every bit of it. It was fun watching her go at this cupcake that was about as big as her.

The party soon came to an end. The house slowly emptied, the kids played with their toys and mom and dad got a breather. We had a blast. We loved every moment of it. It went exactly how I wanted and it made me realize even more how much of a loving family we have and a such a blessing of a friend group. The kids play with each and every toy and wear out each piece of clothing given. As part of the invite we asked instead of a card that each person bring a book. A book signed with the givers name so that when they got older each book had a story behind it. So far it was the biggest hit of the party. We have books galore in the house and I couldn't be more thankful for them. It warms my heart when one of them open a book and I can tell my own story to them just by the signature. And don't think my brother and I weren't going to have some fun ourselves. We had to try out the new wagon to make sure it was safe enough for the twins :)

























Thank you. Thank you mom and dad for helping me so much with it...the cooking, the shopping, dealing with my non existing patience and to let my crazy three dogs wreck your house so that everyone can peacefully be at ease at mine. Thank you Andrews family for all your help. Thanks for the borrowed dishes, the dealing with our stress and the love you have. Thank you hubby boo...for the world you have given us. Thank you dada for being such a hard worker that you gave the twins the opportunity to have the BEST first birthday anyone could ask for. You are the number 1 father. You supply more than love, you supply this house with security, happiness and the joy of living. And last but not least to the rest of the family and friends. To all the relatives that showed up. Andrews grandfather and granny, his parents from Glaveston, his aunts, uncles, cousin and wonderful sister and best brother in law who supplied the beautiful photos. And to my brothers...without yall the word life wouldn't have a meaning. To the friends who showed...yall are the most cherished memories these kids will have because tomorrow the family will be there but tomorrow my friends may have their own life to tend to and to take time out of your busy schedule to tend to my family...means the world to me.





No comments:

Post a Comment